Just down the road on Highway 509 near the old steel bridge, The Majestic Motell combines easy road access with the beauty of the mountains. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, and wireless Internet. Laundry facilities (watch machine #3, it clogs), free cable TV, and a kitchenette in every room! Inexpensive, with friendly staff. Monthly rates available. Call 555-8923
Room 2 of the Majestic Motell had a couple of notable visitors. Robert Nightingale stayed in this room, the room was a mess. It had lots of pictures of Alan Wake, Alice, Barry Wheeler and other Bright Falls residents. This room also contained lots of alcoholic drinks. This confirmed that agent Nightingale was an avid drinker.
Another visitor in room 2 was Clay Steward. He stayed there while he was inBright Falls, looking for Alan Wake. It was in that room he found Agent Nightingale's notes, which he later published in his book.
From the website:
BigMuthaTrucka: 11/12/2003: Always a good time if you score before you get here. The lot lizards are cheap, but aint much to look at. No food, and nowhere to buy none. Usually stay in the parking lot. Staff are what you'd expect; out to make a buck.
ErnestStorm: 3'/29/2005: The place seems to have improved under the new management, with the rooms tidy, and a real sense of bringing the Majestic back from its faded glory. One problem that can't be overlooked is the road noise. And with all this spectacular scenery, I expected a better view than a parking lot.
CStew23: 9/15/2009: The Majestic Motell (yes, apparently it is a spelled with two of them) is a no-frills, but extremely pleasant place, a little remote, and with little to disturb you except for the incessent trucks hurtling up Highway 509. We're trying to wake him now, yes. But it isn't going to be easy. For those on a budget.
Map of Highway 509 and Majestic Motell
- Clay Steward is depicted to have visited the The Majestic Motell on the 15th September 2009 in his review, which would not make sense considering the events of the game occur in September 2010, as confirmed in Control's second DLC, AWE.
- According to Deputy Grant, the Majestic is known for its roaches and better be avoided.
- Alan can find a shotgun with some ammo behind the counter in the office.
- Clay Steward and Agent Nightingale were both looking for Alan and both stayed at the Majestic Motell in room 2. There, Clay Steward finds the Nightingale's in the air vent, the notes can be spotted in the game if Alan enters the room during Episode 6.
- At first glance, it would appear "Motell" is mispelled (correct spelling being "Motel"), though this is not the case and appears in-game spelt differently.