Bright Falls (mini-series)
Episode 1: Oh Deer
Jake Fischer enters the Oh Deer Diner where he reads some articles about Dr. Emil Hartman. He meets Rose Marigold and remarks about the paper cut-out of Alan Wake in the diner. She explains that she "likes writers". Although he didn't order anything, he receives an abundance of food. He then leaves the diner.
Episode 2: Time Flies
Jake arrives in the diner a second time to meet Ellen Adams, an ex-work colleague and friend of his. Rose seems jealous of her, despite Jake being in a relationship.
Episode 4: Local Flavor
In this episode, outside the diner, a woman named Shel Dyke seems to have been touched by the Dark Presence, trying to destroy the lights at the diner. Deputy Mulligan tries to stop her, only to end up getting bitten by her. Jake cannot believe what he is seeing and walks into the diner and tells Rose on what has just happened. For a moment, she cannot see anything until Mulligan pulls up in his car with Shel going crazy in the car. He walks over to Rose and tries to stop the bleeding. Jake watches an advertisement of Deerfest, only to have another vision and end up in a body bag.
Alan Wake first visits the diner when he is looking for Carl Stucky, to obtain the keys to his cabin. He's told that Stucky is in the bathroom, but once he gets there a woman named Barbara Jagger tells you that Stucky didn't make it and gives him the keys and the directions to the cabin instead. It is here that Alan first meets Rose Marigold, Cynthia Weaver, and the Anderson Brothers.
In Night life in Bright Falls, Alan can return here to earn an achievement. The Diner seems to have been left unlocked at night, and the Open sign is still lit up. This could mean that since Rose was touched by the Dark Presence, she was supposed to come into work and lock the doors, but she never did.
In the special, Alan first enters the diner to find it just like the first day he arrived in Bright Falls, except everyone is translucent. While they are talking, they will be cut off by a strange noise. You need to head to the bathroom for an unknown reason. When you come out, everyone is gone and there are TV's on the counter and on the seats. The TV's turn on and tell you that you have to fight for your life. Then suddenly, Taken appear in the diner and you have to fight them.
- Below are some achievements of which can be obtained by finding items in the diner.
Damn Good Cup of Coffee: One coffee thermos can be found, located in the back of the diner.
Drink 'Em Both Up: Turn the jukebox on in the diner during episode 1 and episode 5.
- This diner shares many things in common with the diner in Twin Peaks. For example, both are famous for their cherry pie.
- The diner's appearance is based on Twedes Cafe located in North Bend, WA.
- Rusty occasionally stops by and gets free coffee, a fact he is grateful for.
- According to the diners' menu, there are several Oh Deer Diners. They are located in Watery, Cape Campbell and Elderwood.
- The diner in the game and the diner in the miniseries seem to look different from each other. In the game, the diner is a lot smaller and the desk Rose stands behind is much shorter, standing in the middle of the room. In the miniseries, the desk is to one side of the wall and there are many more seats.
- The menu has four sizes of coffee, and if you include the 100 thermoses, it proves that the game itself is coffee frenzy.
- If you look outside during Episode 1, people walk by the diner. The pedestrian with the hat heavily resembles the original version of Mott seen in the E3 demo. He is also similar to Emerson