Alan Wake has received a few editions for its release. One such is the Limited Collector's Edition. The Xbox 360 version of this was released at the same time as the original version on 14th May 2010 for Europe and May 18th for North America. The PC Collectors edition was released on 16th February 2012 for the digital release and the 2nd March 2012 for the boxed release. Contents are all similar but differ depending on the version you buy.
The normal edition contains:
- Main Game Disc
- Download code for The Signal DLC
Limited Collectors Edition
The Limited Collector's Edition for the Xbox 360 contains:
Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s Edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack includes:
- Game Disc in box with unique art.
- Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy.
- “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144 page book compiled by the fictional character Clay Steward that includes the FBI dossiers of Agent Robert Nightingale, who investigated the events in Bright Falls, WA. The book also contains a short story penned by Alan Wake and an excerpt from one of his Alex Casey novels.
- Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score.
- Code for The Signal DLC.
- Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and an Alan Wake Avatar Award for Xbox LIVE.
Boxed Standard Edition
The boxed standard edition contains:
- Premium packaging
- Disc 1: Main game plus both DLCs: The Signal and The Writer
- Disc 2: OST of the game including 13 Tracks (Audio-CD)
- 6 Post cards with different pictures/scenes from the game
- 1 poster (printed on both sides)
- 7 stickers with different pictures/scenes/characters from the game
Boxed Collectors Edition
The PC boxed version has a slightly different Collector's Edition than the Xbox 360 due to some contents only being available on the Xbox 360.
- Premium packaging
- Disc 1: Main game plus both DLCs The Signal and The Writer; Additionally, the main game of the LCE contains audio commentary and background information by Remedy, which can be switched on in addition to the game.
- Disc 2: OST of the game including 13 Tracks (Audio-CD).
- Disc 3: Bonus Disc: History of Remedy, Making of Alan Wake, Making of a thriller, a music video by the “Old Gods of Asgard”, several trailers to the game, Storyboard (witch concept art) as a movie clip.
- The Alan Wake Files: 144 pages with evidence on the mysterious incidents around Alan Wake and Bright Falls, set in-universe and compiled by character Clay Steward (softcover).
- 6 Post cards with different pictures/scenes from the game.
- Game manual.
- 1 poster (printed on both sides).
- 7 stickers with different pictures/scenes/characters from the game.
Digital Collectors Edition
The digital collectors edition includes:
- Alan Wake game + 2 DLC's (The Signal and The Writer)
- The Alan Wake Files (PDF)
- Developer Commentary
- Alan Wake Soundtrack
Alan Wake Bonus Materials
The PC version came with additional free bonus materials one and a half years after its release. This includes:
- Bonus Videos - Demo videos and behind the scenes documentaries
- Visual exploration - Concept art, production photos and wallpapers
- Graphic novels - two graphic novels, Night Springs and Psycho Thriller
- Note by note - Soundtrack of Alan Wake's American Nightmare and sheet music for Alan Wake
- Lost pages - screenplay and scripts of Alan Wake
Currently this version of the game is set to release on the Playstation 4/5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and PC on the Epic Games Store in Fall 2021.