The "Bad Words" is an area which is encountered in the first Alan Wake DLC The Signal. They act in the same way as the typewriter words, except the area is full of words that if activated, will cause an enemy of some kind to appear, depending on the word. However, in the same area, you do have words that help, such as "Boom!", which will cause a huge explosion. But this can be considered bad, because if you activate the word when there are no enemies around, it will explode and the light will cause other words to come alive and could possibly cause a chain reaction to other "Boom!" words.
There are three ways to get through this area unharmed.
- Run through the area, careless on what you might activate. If you are quick, you may reach the light at the end before you are harmed.
- Walk through the area slowly.
- Walk around the edge of the area.
Words In The Area
- Boom! - Causes a huge flashbang explosion.
- Enemy - Causes a Taken to appear.
- Possessed - Causes a poltergaist object to appear.
- Ravens - Causes a flock of ravens to appear.
- Flare - Causes a flare to appear.
- Tools - Causes a lot of ammo and flares to appear.
- It is possible to pass the section at normal jogging speed without activating any words.