This is the timeline of all major events in the Alan Wake universe.
- 1 1800-1900
- 2 1900-1999
- 3 2000-2009
- 4 2010-2019
- 4.1 2010
- 4.2 2012
- 4.3 2016
- 4.4 2019
- Bright Falls is founded.
- Tor Anderson is born.
- Odin Anderson is born.
- Barbara Jagger is born.
- Cynthia Weaver is born.
- Emil Hartman is born.
- Barbara Jagger falls into Cauldron Lake and drowns.
- Rusty is born.
- Alan Wake is born.
- Alice Wake is born.
- Alan Wake releases The Sudden Stop.
- Alan Wake goes on "The Harry Garret Show".
- Jake Fischer arrives in Bright Falls.
- Jake Fischer meets Emil Hartman for the first time.
- Jake begins to experience weird visions.
- Sam Smith disappears.
- A body bag is found in Cauldron Lake only for Jake to escape from it alive.
- Ellen Adams disappears.
- Jake Fischer disappears.
- Alan and Alice Wake arrive at Bright Falls.
- Alice Wake is dragged down into Cauldron Lake.
- Alan Wake starts writing Departure.
- Alan Wake wakes up in a crashed car and cannot remember the week before.
- Alan finds manuscript pages of Departure, that he can't remember writing.
- Alan makes his way to a gas station and calls the police.
- Alan receives a call from a "kidnapper" claiming he has Alan's wife.
- Alan and Barry rent a cabin from Rusty.
- Rusty becomes Taken.
- Ben Mott demands the completed Departure manuscript, to which Alan has 2 days to complete.
- Rose Marigold is touched by The Dark Presence.
- Rose contacts Alan regarding the lost manuscript pages.
- Alan and Barry arrive at Rose's trailer and are drugged.
- Paul Randolph believes Rose is in trouble and contacts the police.
- Alan heads to the Coal Mine to meet Mott.
- Ben Mott is killed by The Dark Presence
- Alan Wake is taken to Cauldron Lake Lodge.
- Alan wakes up in Cauldron Lake Lodge.
- A storm starts at the Lodge.
- The patients at the Lodge escape.
- Emil Hartman is assumed killed by The Dark Presence.
- Alan Wake and Barry Wheeler escape the Lodge.
- Alan Wake sees what happened on the day of his arrival in a dream.
- Alan and Barry are arrested by Agent Nightingale.
- Agent Robert Nightingale is taken by The Dark Presence.
- Alan meets Cynthia Weaver at the power plant.
- Alan obtains the Cicker.
- Alan makes his way back to Cauldron Lake.
- Alan activates the clicker in the hole in Barbara's chest.
- Deerfest ends.
- Alan appears in a video entitled "RETURN" on the campus of Riverport University in Riverport, Massachusetts during a protest (Quantum Break).
- One of Alan's manuscript pages appears in the Oldest House in New York City and is classified by the Federal Bureau of Control as an Altered Item (Control).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.